Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St Patrick's Day


We have many traditions in our house for almost every holiday. St. Patrick's Day is no exception. For the day - and sometimes week - I am cooking festive meals. We always have the corned beef and potatoes (no one around here likes cabbage all that much). The boys and Mom get a Shamrock Shake from Mc D's and share. We also take a photo of our leprechauns dressed in green. This year I did not pick out their clothes because it was a hectic morning. Kids screaming first thing in the morning, Little Little up all night long and I only had breakfasts that required at least 90 seconds in the microwave. Apparently 90 seconds causes meltdowns in one year olds. Once we got breakfast squared away, Little Little wanted to eat - leaving Mom out of "commission" for at least 20 minutes. Dad stepped in and got the Littles clothes around. I have learned not to complain about what he picks out because he is helping. If I don't want him to help all I have to do is criticize his choices. Since I need the help I have learned to let some things go. This is no exception. I asked why he got a yellow shirt for Middle Little and green pants. He said that is just what he grabbed. I went with it because honestly they are kids and within 20 minutes will have something on their clothes. I was impressed that all three Littles had something green! Dad did too! He isn't into holidays as much as I am, but I did tell Big Little to pinch Daddy so maybe he didn't want to get pinched.
Usually we go to the park as well. It is the first warm day most of the time and we celebrate buy going outside. This year we will be doing that this weekend. I can not get all three to the park by myself - and Dad is at work in the evening. I will make sure that when Big Little gets off the bus we will spend some time in the yard before digging into our Irish Feast.

Do you have a tradition? I would love to hear what you do to celebrate this fun holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment