Monday, February 21, 2011

Menu Planning for 2-21

Good Monday morning - and in my little land it is a cold snowy one at that. Hey wasn't their a rodent that said this should all be gone soon? I am pretty sure he just phoned it in this year since there was no way he could have got out of his little hole with all the snow. I say it was a taped piece. Yeah, Groundhog conspiracy I say!

Man I can really get worked up when the Littles have have all banded together and decided 5:30am is the new wake up time. Well lets talk about what we are eating this week. In an effort to use up what we have before we get more it is a bit more of the hodge podge mess you saw last week. I do have 3 new things to bring into the test kitchen and one new snack that made it's way onto the menu after a snafu testing something last night (an explanation will follow soon).

Here is the daily breakdown -
Monday
Breakfast - Scrabbled Eggs Apples
      Lunch - "Hot Pocket" sandwiches (from the test kitchen last week and I am working on getting these recipes up soon)
     Dinner - Leftover Pizza (from Jet's, so greasy and bad for you but it is a treat from time to time)

Tuesday      
Breakfast - Homemade Frozen French Toast Sticks (I make them with my own homemade bread)
Lunch - Leftovers or Sandwiches
Dinner - Chili over noodles <--- the reason for the noodles is I used spaghetti sauce as my tomato base and it really needs the pasta to help with the flavor. It is not a recipe that can be eaten alone as chili. I froze the chili around Christmas when I was making these Chili in a Jar for gifts

Wednesday    
Breakfast - Yogurt 
Lunch - Leftovers or Sandwiches
Dinner - Chicken Parmesan from the freezer Instant Alfredo noodles sneaking in some puree peas

Thursday     
Breakfast  - Homemade Frozen French Toast Sticks  Oranges
 Lunch - Leftovers or Sandwiches
Dinner - Pot Roast mash potatoes from the freezer  frozen mixed veggies

Friday  
Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs  Apples
  Lunch - Sandwiches
  Dinner - Fajitas for Mom and Dad. Quesadillas for the Littles because they are the same thing  as ours just in an easier to eat form. Spanish Rice Black Beans


Saturday          
Breakfast - Breakfast Bake (working on the recipe to share
Lunch - Test Kitchen Bean Veggie Burgers or Sandwich as a fall back
Dinner - Chicken Chunks mash potatoes from the freezer mixed veggies
                                    

Sunday   
BreakfastClone of Cinnabon
 Lunch - Leftovers or takeout
 Dinner - Pulled Roast Beef Sandwiches Potato Wedges from the freezer Broccoli

Snacks -When you have toddlers, opinionated little people, you can't just say this is your snack eat it. Well you could, but in my house it will be thrown to the floor is they didn't think that sounded good that day. In order to let them have some independence about what they are eating I let them choose from some snacks we have on hand. I do not let them choose main meals because I am not a short order cook, they eat what we eat although it may be in a easier to eat form.

It is Big Little's snack day today so he is taking in some store bought animal crackers. We also have hard pretzels, string cheese, grapes and the accidental crackers that were made last night in the test kitchen. A post to follow of how that happened.

So this week I am working on getting Test Kitchen tab with some of the recipes we have tried and succeed with. The test kitchen is just that, I am testing 2 or 3 recipes to see if our family will like them. This week IN the test kitchen is going to be Black Bean Veggie Burgers, Homemade Soft Pretzels and 100% Scratch Carrot Cake. We will be testing them for taste and if they stand up to being placed in the freezer to be eaten at a later date. I will be explaining my Test Kitchen process in the tab/page when I create it so please check back if this interests you.


And since I don't have a picture of any meals this week (I like blogs with pictures) I will leave you with all three Littles during a mommy photo shoot. Why I think I will get all 3 of them looking in one direction is beyond me. All the Sears Photography training was wasted on me.
Middle Little and Little Little ready for the picture. Big Little had an important phone call he needed to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment